Some days simply call for ramen!
When I’m having a blah sort of day a packet of ramen is a comforting treat. Life has been busy lately with no sign of slowing down! So slowing down over a bowl of oriental ramen was such a nice little moment for me today!
Do you have any comfort foods?
We had a lovely Easter weekend. On Saturday I did a 5.5 mile run (most of it with Sierra) and then settled in for an afternoon of rest (aka a nap and netflix). Saturday night, after the hockey game, we went out to Old Town for a few at Pour House and then carry out Falafel and Shawirma from Old Jerusalem. Sunday we woke up early and went to the driving range and for a walk by the lake before brunch at Belly Q. Then errands (groceries and Home Depot) and grilled burgers and Caesar salad for dinner!
This week ahead is busy! Last night we went to the Blackhawks v Blues game (it was awesome) and tonight an event with Potbelly’s. Wednesday is BINGO with WCBC at the Public Hotel, Thursday is LUSH Cosmetics in Bucktown with WCBC and Friday is the GILT Chicago warehouse sale and wine and tapas night with some girlfriends. And Saturday is Baconfest with Red Butter Chicago!!Phew!
I think we all know the rush of logging in to GILT right at 11 am to grab the latest designer goods at a discount before the flash sale ends. I remember scheduling meetings around GILT launches (and part of me wishes I was kidding).
Well, lucky for GILT Chicago-ans, there is a Warehouse sale April 26 (early entrance times are already sold out!) where you can get your hands on top designers for up to 90% off!
Have you ever been to a warehouse sale? They can get crazy (a-la Confessions of a Shopaholic) but there are a few things you can do to really win (and clean up) at the GILT City Chicago Warehouse Sale.
- Arrive early: Just as you would for any sample sale, arrive early! No matter what session you come to, be sure to get there with ample time. This ensures a full shopping experience, and it’s best to view the merchandise when it’s most organized.
- Reduce your drag: Come prepared to shop – we require coat check and large bag check, so bring a small purse or wallet that you can keep your credit cards and ID in. A small wallet or cross-body bag will leave your hands free to peruse the racks, or sip a cocktail! Also - if you dress in light layers, it will also allow you to try clothes on easily, and you may even decide to not wait for a fitting room!
- Think Ahead: Don’t be afraid to shop for future seasons. You’ll find that there are not-to-be-missed deals for every occasion. It’s a great chance to score designer ski-ware or that perfect glam dress for the holiday season.
- Have an open mind: The most exciting part of the Warehouse Sale is the element of surprise! While you may have certain items in mind that you’re really focused on purchasing, take your time, look through the racks and filter through the shoes and accessories with an open mind. This is usually the time when the magic happens and you’ll find yourself going home with some great steals that you might otherwise not have found!
- And Remember - Plastic! No cash, so bring your debit or credit cards!
Get tickets for Saturday, April 26 at the Museum of Conteporary Art Warehouse (1747 W Hubbard) here: GILT City Chicago // and get details on what you can find by following Gilt City on social media (@giltcity) and the hashtag #raidthewarehouse
image via GILT City/Zapwater PR
Stuff I Like
A Collection Most Curious
- Shit...this is happening!
So today was an overwhelmingly awesome day. geturdailye and I sat down to start developing a marketing plan for...
- Introducing: Interior Define
Today we are excited to share a design company who is disrupting the furniture market as we speak. Let us introduce you...
- So Tell Me About Yourself
Turns out being co-CEOs means you spend a good part of your time interviewing. We’ve been told you interview talent...
Daily E on TwitterFollow @ebdaily